Sunday, April 29, 2012

Good news for Google Drive users with old Picasa storage plans!


Since learning about the Google Drive service finally launching, I've been wondering what would happen to my old Picasa upgrade plan.  That one gave me 20GB of storage for only $5 a year.  Although I primarily used the storage space just for the photos I keep on Picasa, it also allocated that storage upgrade to Google Docs.  Docs, which we know, is now Drive.

So being that I planned on using drive, I naturally wondered if this would roll over or if I'd be paying a separate fee for each.  Unfortunately, information specific to this was rather limited.  Now after digging around in the Drive settings from my desktop (I've been busy), I see that they grandfathered my old plan over and I keep it as long as I keep that subscription going.  So yes, I get to pay $5/year for the same storage you normally pay $2.49/month for.  Glad I finally found the info on this, and thank you Google for letting us keep our old plan.



No comments: