Monday, September 19, 2011

Priority Inbox



It's been a year since I started using Priority Inbox, and it hasn't helped me one bit. It may be that I actually get too much email for Google to handle. It labels things important that aren't that important to me -- like GetGlue notifications. I miss things like invitations for Fresh and Easy wine tastings, which are very important to me and which I mark as such. Still, a new one comes in and it gets buried in my general inbox. Luckily I have friends in real life who ask "Did you get the invite to such-and-such event?" prompting me to frantically search my email in the hopes that I am not a suddenly ostracized blogger.

Google advertises:
Email is great, except when there’s too much of it. Priority Inbox automatically identifies your important email and separates it out from everything else, so you can focus on what really matters. 
This little experiement has been a big fat fail for me. I have 500+ unread in my priority inbox that I need to sort out as "not important" since Google is not doing it automatically. This is not a time saver. Let's not even talk about my general inbox. I need to declare email bankruptcy at this point.

Has it worked for you? If so, what the heck am I doing wrong?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: