Wednesday, December 15, 2010

HTC Evo 4G Update v3.70.651.1 Available



It's not Gingerbread (sigh), but HTC rolled out an update today for you Evo owners to enjoy.


I haven't messed with it much so far as it just finished installing earlier, but some of the changes are nice.  Telenav is always a solid choice for maps if Google Maps isn't your preference.  And well, what do I really need to say about Kindle?  It's pure win in the eReader community.


I thought about trying NOVA, but after seeing it required a 74MB update before I could play, I decided against.  I honestly don't use Sprint TV that often, but if the update rolls in a few more free features to offset all the paid content, I'm good with that.


I would comment on having SWYPE on here, but I'm honestly still trying to get it to work.  >:(


If your phone is set to auto update, you should be getting the push for it pretty soon.  If you want to manually update instead of waiting around, follow these steps:
Settings > System Updates > HTC Software Update


The full update list is as follows:

  • Blockbuster

  • Kindle eReader

  • NOVA (new game)

  • Sprint Zone update

  • Latest Telenav

  • Latest VVM App

  • Sprint TV update

  • SWYPE Keyboard

  • Scan Now Widget for 4G




  • 1 comment:

    daNanner said...

    Nick, how can you not have swype working? Even my mom figured it out and loves it! (Well, better for her CTS than a physical keyboard)